CHEM 1215 Fall 1999
- My e-mail has been down Saturday and is
still down today. Keep sending your e-mail message it
will eventually get to me. I just can not get to it right
- In search of Dr. G. at the ACS Meeting in
New Orleans...an update:
- I made it to New Orleans safely.
It is hot and humid down here! Taking it easy at
the hotel after a brief trip to the RiverWalk
shopping area along the Mississippi River.
Important Division of Chemical Education dinner
this evening and then a long day attending a
Board of Publications meeting for the Journal of
Chemical Education on Sunday.
- Problem Set #1 is due Wednesday, August
25, 1999 at the beginning of class.
- You should finish reading Chapter 3 and
start reading Chapter 2. James will finish Chapter 3 and
begin talking about that Chapter 2 on Monday.
- Remember this week you will check-in to
laboratory. Be sure all the equipment on your check list
is in your drawer. If you have not seen the Safety
videotape be sure to view it this week.
- In class on Wednesday I indicated that I
expected everyobne to memorize the name (proper
spelling), symbol and formula for the first twenty
elements in the periodic table. For example;
- In addition to the first twenty elements I
want you to know the same information for other 'common'
elements. We mentioned a few in class on
uranium, gold, silver, mercury,
there will be more. In fact if I
mention an element in class, you'd better know it for the
- Does everyone have a copy of PS1?
- Would you like some extra credit? Send me
an e-mail message with '1215 student' in the Subject.
Also you can receive some extra credit by completing the Student Information form. Time is
- Problem Set #1 is available at the Problem
Set link. Get one early!
A total of students have accessed this