CHEM 1215 Fall 1999
- Need some Help with your chemistry? The
Chemistry Department offers free tutoring in PS023
(basement of Physical Sciences). Check the Free Tutoring
link on the left for the hours. Note that those TA's
teaching CHEM 1215 are identified with the red color.
Don't forget my office hours are 2:30 - 3:20 pm on T and
- Matt McQueen left his book in class on
Friday (he thinks). If anyone picked up a book on Friday
please contact Dr. G.
- OK, OK I made a mistake calculating the
number of m3 in 6430 in3. Several
students followed me to my office to beat me up about the
calculation. The CORRECT answer is 0.105 m3.
Sorry about that. Temperature conversions on
- Answers to PS#1 are posted at the
- Problem Set #2 is due Wednesday, September
1, 1999 at the beginning of class. You can get your copy
at the ProblemSet link.
- The week of August 30 through September 3
we will do our first experiment (Experiment #1) in
laboratory. You are expected to review the laboratory
experiment before you come to class. Remember you will
need your laboratory manual and safety goggles for the
laboratory. Do not wear shorts or open-toed footwear to
laboratory. If you do you will be asked to change. You
are welcome to bring extra clothing and then change prior
- In class on Wednesday I indicated that I
expected everyone to memorize the name (proper spelling),
symbol and formula for the first twenty elements in the
periodic table. For example;
- In addition to the first twenty elements I
want you to know the same information for other 'common'
elements. We mentioned a few in class on
uranium, gold, silver, mercury,
molybdenum, lead, iron, barium, platinum
be more. In fact if I mention an element in class, you'd
better know it for the future.
- Problem Set #2 is available at the Problem
Set link. Get one early!
- Announcements for Wednesday, September 1, 1999
- Announcements for Monday, August 30, 1999
- Announcements for Friday, August 27, 1999
- Announcements for Monday, August 23, 1999
- Announcements for Friday, August 20, 1999
- Announcements for Monday, August 16, 1999
A total of students have accessed this