CHEM 1215 Fall 1999
- Be sure to check which room in the
Physical Sciences building you are expected to take Exam
I. This information is located at the Exams link.
- In PS3.9 the first isotope of cerium
should have a mass of 135.907 u.
- I've got some new notes for Chapter 2 and
3 up in the Lecture Notes link. I've also placed a
tentative set of notes for Chapter 4. These will be
modified in the next day or so, but here they are for the
- In ProblemSet PS3.3b the first question
askes which is at a higher temperature the aluminum or
the water? The question is referring to the comparison of
the temperatures of the aluminum and water in the second
system, not when the aluminum is in the boiling water.
- The laboratory for the week of September 7
- 10 is Experiment #7 on the specific heats of metals.
Remember Monday labs do not meet. Students in Monday labs
will do this experiment on Wednesday, October 6, 1999.
When you turn in this experiment your TA will hold it
until after October 6th.
- Need some Help with your chemistry? The
Chemistry Department offers free tutoring in PS023
(basement of Physical Sciences). Check the Free Tutoring
link on the left for the hours. Note that those TA's
teaching CHEM 1215 are identified with the red color.
Don't forget my office hours are 2:30 - 3:20 pm on T and
- In class I indicated that I expected
everyone to memorize the name (proper spelling), symbol
and formula for the first twenty elements in the periodic
table. For example;
- In addition to the first twenty elements I
want you to know the same information for other 'common'
elements. We mentioned a few in class on
uranium, gold, silver, mercury,
molybdenum, lead, iron, barium, platinum
be more. In fact if I mention an element in class, you'd
better know it for the future.
- Announcements for Wednesday, September 8, 1999
- Announcements for Friday, September 3, 1999
- Announcements for Wednesday, September 1, 1999
- Announcements for Monday, August 30, 1999
- Announcements for Friday, August 27, 1999
- Announcements for Monday, August 23, 1999
- Announcements for Friday, August 20, 1999
- Announcements for Monday, August 16, 1999
A total of students have accessed this